- sometimes we let this slip our mind in our daily life, this world has made everything about you. about you being comfortable, living where your'e comfortable, finding a a place in life that is comfortable and good for you.
-if my life belongs to Jesus, then i should strive to be like Christ walking this earth, wherever that is for each of us, my life belongs to Him so he should gain my whole life- i must give Him all of it.
"Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up." - James 4:10
"He must become greater, i must become less." - John 3:30- humble yourself before Jesus, becoming aware of our position before Jesus, showing us that God is everything, and i am nothing.
"In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:
Who, being in very nature God,
did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
rather, he made himself nothing
by taking the very nature of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
by becoming obedient to death,
even death on a cross.
Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
and gave him the name that is above every name,
that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father."
- my life here on earth is just a tiny cell to somehow be used to bring God glory. i am to live as His servant, taking a place in this world as a servant for Christ. a servant is one you doesnt work to boast of themselves but works so they can boast of Jesus!
-but to think He needs us and our life is so far from the truth. that is where we must humble ourselves before Him, realizing how we are nothing. our life is His, so everything in it should be for Him. glorifying Him.
- realizing this is also realizing you are to become uncomfortable in this life for Him.
- going against the worlds way, but humbling yourself with the fact that Jesus died for you, humbling Himself through death. (so the least we can do is humble ourself through life.)
- if He did that for you, we must take that and humble ourselves in each day, living for Him in everything: meaning not living for ourselves, something hard to grasp as human but something worth striving to grasp and live.
- find humility, and trust comes from this. trusting in Him so we can surrender our life to Him.
- trusting is not a leap of faith, and it is not a blind faith. while we dont see what there is before us in the future, we can see the one we trust. that is faith.
i am nothing, YOU are everything.