Thursday, February 17, 2011

i run to You first.

isaiah 32:21:
whether you turn to the right or the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "this is the way, walk in it."

proverbs 1:33:
but whoever listens to me will dwell safely, and will be secure, without fear of evil.


i am surrounded by people: friends, great friends walking with Christ, family, protecting loving parents, mentors, teachers, tons of people looking out for me, for my best interest. and although they have the best wishes at heart, i know You, God, are the only one who truly knows whats best for me and my life here on earth. i find myself looking to others for advice, asking for help with decisions from my great friends. when i NEED to be running to You, always You, You first, You in the highest. i will only fall deeper and deeper into darkness if i listen to this world and not You first. instead of running to others, turning to others, listening to others, or acting because of others, i will act only in Your perfect Holy Will. i'll pray first, lifting everything to You. i will listen to You and hear You in the silence, i will make time for you FIRST, and i will be guided by You instead of the glamours of this world. while i try to look to other to fit my needs, You are the one that fits EVERY need! and while others may only want the best for me, NO ONE knows our unique relationship. Your perfect guidance will NEVER fail, all i have to do is come to you with everything, and hear Your voice in the crowd of this world. and the closer i am with You, God, the clearer Your voice seems to be to me. You are my Father, my teacher, and my best friend. You created me in beauty, You sent Your son to die for all of my sins, You created a perfect path for my life to glorify You. so who will i listen to? how can i go on not listening to You before anyone else. You know, You love, only You perfectly! so i turn to You with everything, You will not fail, guide me, uphold me in Your hands God, i love You, i need You. no one knows whats best but You, not me, not anyone else in this world, i surrender it all to You!


Psalm 73:24
YOU guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into GLORY.

No comments:

Post a Comment