Tuesday, December 21, 2010

hand in hand

there is no where we can go that our God will leave us...
everywhere i go You will guide me, Your right hand will hold me fast.
 Psalm 139:5-12- You hem me in behind and before
and you lay your hand upon me. 
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, 
   too lofty for me to attain.
 Where can I go from your Spirit? 
   Where can I flee from your presence? 
If I go up to the heavens, you are there, 
   if I make my bed in the depths, you are there
If I rise on the wings of the dawn, 
   if I settle on the far side of the sea, 
 even there your hand will guide me, 
   your right hand will hold me fast. 
If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me 
   and the light become night around me,” 
even the darkness will not be dark to you, 
   the night will shine like the day, 
   for darkness is as light to you. 
-God is never unavailable to us, always He remains at my side, always He is there for me.
when we are in great need
when we are trusting
when we are lonely
when we are impatient
when we are faithful
when we have doubts
when we rebel
when we are secure and when we are insecure
when we are in pain
when we are confident
when we push Him aside and when we praise Him
in our victories and our losses
HE IS THERE.
-He holds us tight when we mourn, He remains at our side holding our hand, He wipes our tears, He leads us blindfolded on His paths, He guides us, He satisfies us, He pursues us even into our own rebellious dark paths.
-when we rebel and doubt Him < He continues to pursue us!
         -imagine that! His grace is amazing to me in this: that while He has sent His only son to die the worst death     
          possible for our own sins, still even when the people Jesus died for dont believe in Him and dont believe
          this sacrifice, He continues to pursue them, continues to love them. that is, for lack of a better word,
          indescribable....that IS love.
-He abides in us, before us, beside us, and behind us.
-everyday He is there, it is us who dont see Him sometimes-but He is still there even when we dont see Him.
-so my prayer today would be for us to open our eyes to see Your constant presence, our ears to hear your everlasting word, and our hearts to openly receive Your unending love. that we would see You and find You in the voices around us, the hearts around us, the world around us, that wherever we are and whatever we are doing that we can see YOU. because we know you are there.  
-He is constantly there, and nothing we do can strip Him from our side.
YOU are with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment